2010 MILBloggies Kicks Off March 31, 2010! Recognizing military bloggers for their contribution to blogging, news and information
Rules and Instructions
The Milbloggies Award recognizes military bloggers for their contribution to blogging, news and information, and to the military over the past year.
Nomination and Voting Overview
1. A military blog can be nominated ONLY once by the same registered user. However, a user can nominate as many military blogs as they wish and nominating your own blog is allowed. However, please do not register multiple accounts in order to place more than one nomination for the same blog, as we have the ability to track this information. If you encounter problems registering/activating your account, just send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will activate your account as quickly as possible. Occassionally, the Activation email gets blocked by your Service Provider.
The nomination phase starts Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 and all nominations must be submitted online through Milblogging.com by 11:59 pm EST on Saturday, April 3rd, 2010.
2. The top five nominees in each branch category will be announced on Sunday, April 4th, 2010 and those nominees will move into the Voting Phase beginning April 4th, 2010.
3. Nominees may be military blogs that belong to the following branch categories in the Milblogging.com database:
U.S. Military Parent
U.S. Military Supporter
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Marine Corps
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Military Veteran
U.S. Military Spouse
Foreign National Military
4. To nominate and/or vote for a military blog, you must be signed in to the website. Registration is quick and free and you will not receive any SPAM. This helps maintain the integrity of voting by reducing possible click fraud. To place your nomination, simply click on the listing in the Milblogging.com database starting the evening of Wednesday, March 31st, 2010, and click the Nominate button that appears at the top of the military blog profile. Keep in mind, the Nominate button will not be shown on the website until Wednesday, March 31st.
If you do not want your blog considered for a Milbloggie award, please send me an email and I can temporarily place your blog in the Uncategorized category. Also, if your blog is not properly categorized, please update the category by claiming your blog or by sending me an email with the change.
5. To vote for a military blog (once the nomination phase is over), a chart will be published that includes the top nominees in each category, along with the ability to vote.
The Voting will close on Wednesday, April 7th at 11:59 PM EST.
6. Winners will be presented awards at the 2010 Milblog Conference on April 10th. Winners are not required to attend the conference in order to receive their awards.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to send an email to email@example.com
To see the winners and finalists of the FIRST ANNUAL MILBLOGGIES, click here.
For updated news on this year’s Milbloggies, stay tuned here.
Twitter Hashtag: #milbloggies